ADD : 203 De Tham St, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.
HOTLINE : 0919 164 679
TEL : 028.3920.6006
WEB : www.thesuntourist.com Mail: email@example.com
- Vung Tau, known as Cap Saint Jacque in French is about 125 kilometres Southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The name means anchorage as during the 14th and 15th centuries, Vung Tau was a swamp which European trading ships visited regularly.
- With 15 kilometres of coastline, Vung Tau is endowed with many sandy beaches such as Bai Truoc (Front Beach), Bai Sau (Back Beach), Bai Dua (Dua Beach)… Vung Tau also has many famous sightseeing spots such as the Great Jesus Christ Statue, the White Palace…07: 30am, depart from your hotel to Vung Tau.
- 09: 15am, arrive in Vung Tau, enjoy your time at Thuy Van beach (Back beach). – one of the nicest beaches in Viet Nam with the shore runs for almost 10km full with fine sand and white waves. You will taste an authentic Vietnamese lunch that will be served at a local restaurant.
- In the afternoon, you will visit:
- Jesus Christ Statue: Walking up the 847 stairs and meeting the 32 meter-tall (105 feet) Statue of Jesus, considered one of the tallest statues of Jesus Christ in Asia. Its outstretched arms span a little over 18.4 meters. Originally started in 1972, but the construction was only completed in 1993. The adventurous travellers are welcome to climb up to the top of inside Christ arms and enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of Vung Tau city (The statue of Christ in Rio de Janero, Brazil is 30 meter-tall).
• Thang Tam temple (Whale temple): According to Vietnamese legend, the remains of a whale washed up to Vung Tau beach over 100 years ago. The carcass was so huge that fishermen had to wait for the flesh to be decomposed before pulling it to shore and display the bones which came to symbolize the protector of the coast. Now, each time a carcass of a whale washes ashore, the bones are ceremonially hauled to the mausoleum. One of the most widely celebrated holidays in Vung Tau is Le Hoi Nghinh Ong (Whale Day). It lasts 3 days from 16 to18 August of lunar Calendar.
- Bach Dinh (White Palace): known as Villa Blanche in French. The name is derived from the white paint of the exteriors of the mansion. White Palace is the Vung Tau’s nicest colonial era mansion. It was built as a retreat for French Governor General Paul Doumer at the beginning of the 20th century. Governor Paul Doumer full name was Joseph Athanase Gaston Pail Doumer. On 13 June 1931 Paul Doumer became President of France but sadly only 10 months later on 6 May 1932 was assassinated by a mentally unstable Russian emigrant-Paul Gorguloff.
- Cape Nghinh Phong: It is literally translated as Cape of Welcoming Breeze. The cape is the cliff of Vung Tau and has unobstructed views of Vung Tau City as well as the East Sea. Taking a short break at Long Thanh cow milk rest stop on the way to Ho Chi Minh city and arriving at your hotel around 7:30PM.
|NO. OF PASSENGER||2||3-4||5-6||7-8||9>|
|PRICE/1 PERSON (USD)||57||56||45||39||25|
- Air conditioned bus/ van/ car
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees, wet tissue and one bottle of water/person.
- Tip, personal cost, and others not mentioned.